Since many leading brands announced their interests in creating laptops with two screens at the Consumer Electronics Show (CES) and Computex, people are becoming more enraptured by these advances. Dual-screen laptops become quite the rage, but one problem is that there is a high price range for these product types, meaning you don’t always know what features a device will have.
The intended user base for these systems is the creative field, but their utility goes much deeper.
The Duo’s innovative design can allow for productivity while watching videos, playing games, or any other dual screen task.
With a laptop with a secondary display, you can get much more done at work and in creative projects. Make the right choice to face meetings and defeat foes on the arena.
The best laptop models at the moment are Asus, HP, and Lenovo. Machines in these portfolios combine the benefits of an additional display with new configurations.
In addition to that, their robust primary displays offer a top-notch screen performance. Whether you want to binge-watch TV series or immerse yourself in a computer game, their FHD and 4K UHD screens will enhance your experience.
With new features, limitations, and high cost pricing come debate. Is this laptop worth it? Should you buy it to enter the next-gen tech world or is the price hinder than its charm?
Things to Consider Before Buying a Dual-Screen Laptop
There are some potential limitations that you should be aware of before buying one of these computers. Should you plan on using the artificial intelligence for anything important, make sure to take note of the following potential limitations:
- Though smaller keyboards may at first seem to be an inconvenience, these keyboards do conserve space and enable the laptop to have a widescreen.
- Faster processors, like Intel’s newest i7, meaning hours of battery life devouring processor power are now a thing of the past.
- Second Screen Risk: With a second screen limiting portability, your device is at greater risk of damage due to drops and shocks.
- When heat production becomes a problem, laptop components have to have an advanced heating and cooling mechanism so that high-end gaming laptops, for example, can stay up and running.
- More expensive: Expensive laptops may not be work out for your budget. The 14” ZenBook Duo by Asus is priced at $1500, but the productivity benefits might outweigh the cost.
- Such laptops can be difficult and uncomfortable to use on your lap. Without a wrist rest, the laptop is kept off of a table or workstation and makes the usage experience challenging.
- Dual-screen devices provide the ability to get additional creative work done on the go, doubling productivity. People who can utilize these devices can use it at their leisure, and organize tasks simply.
Our Picks: Top Best Dual Screen Laptops 2022
1, ASUS ZenBook Dual Screen Laptop
The seamless 4K secondary touchscreen is your new companion for on-the-go productivity and creativity. The brand new tilting ScreenPad Plus secondary display can be rotated to adapt to your work or play needs.
- Tilting ScreenPad Plus: 12.6 inch matte touchscreen, giving your endless way to optimize your multitasking experience by extending the screen or split windows and apps on both displays
- 14 inch Full HD NanoEdge touchscreen glossy main display
- Intel Evo Platform – perfect combination of performance, responsiveness and battery life. Amazing performance with the 11th Gen Intel Core i7 processor. Vivid colors with Intel Iris Xe graphics. Fast-charging, long-lasting battery.
- Intel Evo Platform with Latest 11th generation Intel Core i7-1165G7 Quad Core Processor (Up to 4.7 GHz, with IPU, 12M Cache)
- Fast storage and memory featuring 512GB PCIe NVMe M.2 SSD with 8GB LPDDR4X RAM
Comes with Windows 10 and a FREE upgrade to Windows 11 (when available1)
2, ASUS ROG Zephyrus Dual Screen Laptop Gaming
Explore new horizons with the groundbreaking Zephyrus Duo SE, which has a new secondary display that will take your Windows 10 experience to new heights. With a ROG ScreenPad Plus SDRAM screen and a keyboard with a touchscreen, its a two-in-one hybrid designed to bring you bold gaming, immersive entertainment and unlimited creativity.
- ROG ScreenPad Plus: 14-inch secondary touchscreen display | Game, Stream, Create, and more!
- NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 8GB GDDR6 with ROG Boost
- Latest 5th Gen AMD Ryzen 9 5900HX Processor (16M Cache, up to 4.5 GHz)
- 300Hz 3ms 15.6” Full HD 1920×1080 IPS-Type PANTONE Validated Display
- 32GB DDR4 3200MHz RAM | 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 SSD
- Comes with Windows 10 Professional and a FREE upgrade to Windows 11 (when available1)
Dual-screen laptops are swiftly becoming popular with audiences that wish to magnify their productivity. Surfing, working, or gaming are all possible on the other screen while continuing other tasks on your other screen.
The creation of displays enable people to work more efficiently, by removing temptation to browse other tasks, and coming in handy during tight-scheduling.
Based on who or what you are specifically seeking to promote, you should select the appropriate type of promotional content.
The Asus ROG Zephyrus Duo 15 or the HP OMEN X 2S are great choices for people interested in gaming. They offer extra cooling, storage space, and color displays.
If you are always on the go, consider picking something like the Lenovo ThinkBook Plus. It brings with it a lot of storage space for accompanying essential office tasks + ability to also take notes.
Computers like the Asus ZenBook Pro Duo UX581 or the Asus ZenBook Pro Duo UX481 are also worth consideration for day-to-day work; if portability is your priority.
It has been a top debate among tech reviewers as speculation continues to rise about the potential success of dual screen laptops. New models use a custom-screen projection that is powered by data from two independent CPUs. This eliminates the need for fans and solves keyboard complaints with merging the laptop keypad into its screen portion.
These designers care about the user experience and focus on careful thought and building in human interface design and function. With skills such as touch and 3D visualizing, designers can envision the finished product before designing it.